4 – 5 Days/4 -5 Nights*
- $1,250/person based on double occupancy
- $265 single supplement (guaranteed own room for single traveler)
- Discounts available for groups of 8 or more – $1,190 per person
- Add a stopover to break the long ride Day 4 at Myra Canyon Ranch* (extra cost – $190/person) (subject to availability – we recommend booking early to include this option or consider our Wilderness Journey Tour
Overview: Midway to Penticton. The Classic is a popular ride! but just be prepared for longer days – if you prefer to take in the sights and relax a little along the way – please check out our favorite that offers a layover day along the way- the Wilderness Journey Tour.
Trip Rating: Moderate to Challenging 40-75 kms/day. The KVR Trail is a wilderness trail and offers variable trail surface conditions. For the same route but more relaxed itinerary, please see our Wilderness Journey Tour.
KVR Classic Ride Cancellation Policy:
Once your tour is confirmed, an invoice of 25% of the total tour cost will be issued along with other important information, details and tips for your tour.
Your deposit is refundable (less a $170/person administration charge) within 30 days of your tour departure.
The balance is due 30 days prior to your tour departure. After this time your tour is non-refundable. We always recommend you ensure you have trip/trip cancellation insurance either through your credit card provider or regular insurance provider.
|DEPARTURE/RETURN LOCATION||Midway to Penticton|
|DEPARTURE TIME||Variable departure times available|
Day 1 & 2: KVR Mile 0, the Kettle River & Taurus Canyon
- Cycling Distance for Days 1 & 2: 18-70 km (see Options below)
- Meals included: Day 1 – all on own, Day 2 – Breakfast, packed lunch, dinner hamper
- Accommodation: Motel/Cabins
- Options! Choose from any of these three options to suit both your arrival time into the area and your fitness level. Please feel free to contact us for more information to help you make the best decision:
- Arrive at your leisure today and overnight in Penticton followed by an 8:30 AM shuttle on Day 2 and 48 km ride Rock Creek to Beaverdell
- Arrive Penticton and take afternoon shuttle to Midway (latest departure 4 PM) overnight Midway and Day 2 cycle 70 km to Beaverdell or
- Arrive Penticton and shuttle by 1 PM (latest) to Midway. Cycle 18 km to Rock Creek and overnight Rock Creek. Day 2 cycle 48 km to Beaverdell.
Day 3: Forests & Alpine Lakes
- Cycling distance: 58 km (steady uphill grade 1.5-1.9%)
- Meals Included: Breakfast, packed lunch, dinner hamper
- Accommodation: Lakeside cabin/suite
Day 4: Myra Canyon Trestles
- Cycling distance: 40-90 km (flat – downhill)
- Meals Included: Breakfast, packed lunch, dinner by arrangement*
- Accommodation: Heritage Inn, Beach Resort or Ranch B&B
Day 5: Ponderosa pines and orchards
- Cycling distance: 21-68 km (Naramata or Myra Canyon)
- Meals included: Breakfast (lunch by arrangement from Myra)
This KVR Classic a challenge that’s been met – and what an amazing ride!
- 4 days cycling along the KVR from Midway or Rock Creek (option for 50 or 68 km first day) to Penticton
- 4 nights accommodation ranging from motel/cabins to Lodge/Resort or Heritage Inn
- 1 optional extra stopover at Myra Canyon Ranch*
- 9 meals including 4 breakfasts, 3 lunches and 2 dinners*
- 2 extra meals by arrangement at Myra (dinner and packed lunch)*
- bicycle rental – 21 speed Giant Trail Bikes – equipped with rear rack and panniers – our bikes are chosen specifically for travel on the KVR and are superb for the terrain route notes and maps plus tips on cycling the trail
- Emergency support – note: this tour is self-guided and you should be confident in changing a flat tire and with basic maintenance. We can provide you with instruction should you need. Call outs to the trail may incur an additional charge.
- 2 cycle bag transfers (note: we include pannier shuttle on the first two uphill days)
- shuttle to or from the trail to your start/finish point
Our first dates available for 2019:
- CR19-1 May 31 – June 4
- CR19-2 Jun 10 – 14
- CR19-3 Jun 15 – Jun 19 – Sorry this tour is now sold out!
- CR19-4 Jun 30 – Jul 4
- CR19-5 Jul 14 – Jul 18
- CR19-6 Jul 22 – Jul 26
- CR19-7 Aug 24 – Aug 28
- CR19-8 Sep 1 – Sep 5
- CR19-9 TBC
- You can now book directly online or just contact us with any questions for these tours. Custom dates may still be available – please inquire or check our other tour offerings. Please send through any inquiries for 2019 directly to our email address at email@example.com
- We hope to see you next summer on the KVR!