4 Days/5 Nights
- $1,095/person based on double occupancy
- $265 single supplement (guaranteed own room for single traveler)
- Groups of 8+ $1,045 per person
Overview: Midway to Penticton. The Classic is a popular ride! but just be prepared for longer days – if you prefer to take in the sights and relax a little along the way – check out our favorite – the Wilderness Journey Tour.
Trip Rating: Moderate to Challenging 40-75 kms/day. The KVR Trail is a wilderness trail and offers variable trail surface conditions. For the same route but more relaxed itinerary, please see our Wilderness Journey Tour.
KVR Classic Ride Cancellation Policy:
Once your tour is confirmed, an invoice of 25% of the total tour cost will be issued along with other important information, details and tips for your tour.
Your deposit is refundable (less a $150/person administration charge) within 28 days of your tour departure.
The balance is due 28 days prior to your tour departure. This final payment is refundable within 14 days of your tour departure (less deposit). After this time your tour is non-refundable. We always recommend you ensure you have trip/trip cancellation insurance either through your credit card provider or regular insurance provider.
|DEPARTURE/RETURN LOCATION||Midway to Penticton|
|DEPARTURE TIME||Variable departure times available|
Day 1 & 2: KVR Mile 0, the Kettle River & Taurus Canyon
The training has done its magic – you’re feeling fit, ready to go, peddling off on your adventure!
The KVR Classic route follows the Wilderness Journey trail with fewer stops, more miles, a little more rugged, a little more adventure for those who are ready…
Mile 0 is your calling and you are tucked in early this evening in Midway ready for a big first day tomorrow – from Midway to Beaverdell – a 70 km stretch that challenges you with the diversity of trail conditions, but you’re ready for this. (You can also opt to spend your first night in Penticton, then shuttle to Rock Creek for a slightly shorter first day-see options below).
Panniers lightly loaded, carefully planned from hiking or canoeing trips of the past – this may not be your first time at such an adventure.
Beaverdell is a welcome destination finally reached – that was definitely a big day! a mix of single track, sandy patches, some back country road, a bit of navigating and the final long stretch through forest into Beaverdell. But you’ve got the big day behind you now.
- Cycling Distance for Days 1 & 2: 18-70 km (see Options below)
- Meals included: Day 1 – all on own, Day 2 – Breakfast, packed lunch, dinner hamper
- Accommodation: Motel/Cabins
- Options! Choose from any of these three options to suit both your arrival time into the area and your fitness level. Please feel free to contact us for more information to help you make the best decision:
- Arrive at your leisure today and overnight in Penticton followed by an 8:30 AM shuttle on Day 2 and 48 km ride Rock Creek to Beaverdell
- Arrive Penticton and take afternoon shuttle to Midway (latest departure 4 PM) overnight Midway and Day 2 cycle 70 km to Beaverdell or
- Arrive Penticton and shuttle by 1 PM (latest) to Midway. Cycle 18 km to Rock Creek and overnight Rock Creek. Day 2 cycle 48 km to Beaverdell.
Day 3: Forests & Alpine Lakes
As the next morning dawns you are excited to be off on your next 58 km ride – following the meanderings of the West Kettle River through forest as you pedal, steadily uphill. Idabel Lake is a treat for you when you arrive late in the afternoon! Relax this evening in this quiet lakeside village and enjoy all the delicious food carefully prepared for your dinner hamper. You may opt to take a canoe out in the evening light for a short paddle – watch for the lakes resident loons and moose.
- Cycling distance: 58 km (steady uphill grade 1.5-1.9%)
- Meals Included: Breakfast, packed lunch, dinner hamper
- Accommodation: Lakeside cabin/suite
Day 4: Myra Canyon Trestles
This is a night of near luxury – sipping a chilled beer or wine as you relax on the deck then savouring a hearty meal – what a fabulous sense of accomplishment you feel having self-propelled yourself to this point, relying only on your pedal power to get you here!
- Cycling distance: 40-90 km (flat – downhill)
- Meals Included: Breakfast, packed lunch, dinner by arrangement*
- Accommodation: Heritage Inn, Beach Resort or Ranch B&B
Day 5: Ponderosa pines and orchards
A short day to finish from Naramata or still a good length if you opt for the Day 3 at Myra Canyon Ranch. Opt for an extra shuttle either from the Ranch to the trail or from the village of Naramata (both located 4-5 km’s downhill off the main trail).
The final stretch into Penticton is a whiz downhill – stop in at a winery for a visit or early lunch, or the Trail Store for fresh fruit and ice cream before your final descent to the lakeshore of Penticton.
- Cycling distance: 21-68 km (Naramata or Myra Canyon)
- Meals included: Breakfast (lunch by arrangement from Myra)
This KVR Classic a challenge that’s been met – and what an amazing ride!
- 4 days cycling along the KVR from Midway or Rock Creek (option for 50 or 68 km first day) to Penticton
- 4 nights accommodation ranging from motel/cabins to Lodge/Resort or Heritage Inn
- 9 meals including 4 breakfasts, 3 lunches and 2 dinners*
- *2 extra meals by arrangement at Myra (dinner and packed lunch) please add $50/person
- bicycle rental – 21 speed Giant Trail Bikes – equipped with rear rack and panniers – our bikes are chosen specifically for travel on the KVR and are superb for the terrain
route notes and maps plus tips on cycling the trail
- Emergency support – note: this tour is self-guided and you should be confident in changing a flat tire and with basic maintenance. We can provide you with instruction should you need. Call outs to the trail may incur an additional charge.
- 2 cycle bag transfers (note: we include pannier shuttle on the first two uphill days)
- shuttle to or from the trail to your start/finish point
Our first dates available for 2019:
- CR19-1 May 31 – June 4
- CR19-2 Jun 10 – 14
- We are still confirming dates for these tours for our 2019 season!
- Please send through any inquiries for 2019 directly to our email address at email@example.com
- Our guaranteed available dates for 2019 will be listed by October 31, 2018. We hope to see you next summer!