Our Classic Ride Tour has been revised for 2020 to give you the same great ride with a little more time!
4 – 5 Days/4 -5 Nights*
- $1,295/person based on double occupancy
- $390 single supplement (guaranteed own room for single traveler)
- groups of 4 or more – $1225 per person
Overview: Start from the iconic Mile 0 in Midway at the Kettle River Museum which includes the original Midway Station and traverse the entire distance of the “Carmi” subdivision of the KVR – from the valleys of the Kettle and West Kettle Rivers – slowly, steadily climb your way upward to the Okanagan Highlands before descending via Andrew McCulloch’s engineering feat of Myra Canyon and it’s remarkable trestle bridges down into the Okanagan Valley.
Trip Rating: Moderate. 20-55 kms/day. The KVR Trail is a wilderness trail and offers variable trail surface conditions. For the same route but more relaxed itinerary, please see our New Origins – River-Forest Journey (previously Wilderness Journey).
KVR Classic Ride Payment and Cancellation Policy:
Once your tour is confirmed, an invoice of 25% of the total tour cost will be issued along with other important information, details and tips for your tour.
Your deposit is refundable (less a $190/person administration charge) within 30 days of your tour departure.
The balance is due 30 days prior to your tour departure. After this time your tour is non-refundable. We always recommend you ensure you have trip/trip cancellation insurance either through your credit card provider or regular insurance provider.
|DEPARTURE/RETURN LOCATION||Midway to Penticton|
|DEPARTURE TIME||Variable departure times available|
Day 1: KVR Mile 0 - Midway, BC - the Kettle River
- Cycling Distance: 20-42 km
- Meals included: Dinner
- Accommodation: Motel/Cabin or B&B
- Options! Choose from cycling distance and accommodation to suit both your arrival time into the area and your fitness level. Please feel free to contact us for more information to help you make the best decision regarding your first days options.
Day 2: Beaverdell & Taurus Canyon
- Cycling Distance: 26-48 km
- Meals included: Breakfast, packed lunch, dinner
- Accommodation: Cottage/Cabin
Day 3: Forests & Alpine Lakes
There is just no way around it – you’re headed uphill today! just as the steam engines slowly wound their way through the forest and crept high above the valley floor, you will be following in their tracks. From Beaverdell it is a slight, but steady incline up to Idabel Lake. One of our favourite routes, this is the most remote section of trail. Relax the evening away – you are treated to a comfortable lakeside cottage with dinner delivered to you in this remote setting – the alpine village is home to just over 50 people. Take a canoe or rowboat out and listen for the call of loons.
Wildlife alert: Watch for signs of black bear, deer, moose, elk, coyotes, eagles, and forest birds such as the rare western tanager. Spring and early summer reward with wildflowers.
- Cycling distance: 58 km (steady uphill grade 1.5-1.9%)
- Meals Included: Breakfast, packed lunch, dinner hamper
- Accommodation: Lakeside cabin/suite
Day 4: Myra Canyon Trestles & Chute Lake
- Cycling distance: 58 km (flat – downhill)
- Meals Included: Breakfast, packed lunch
- Accommodation: Lodge room
Day 5: Penticton - Ponderosa pines and orchards
- Cycling distance: 44 km
- Meals included: Breakfast
Congratulations! your KVR Classic Ride complete and what an amazing ride!
- 5 days cycling along the KVR from Midway Mile 0 of the KVR to Penticton
- 4 nights accommodation ranging from motel, cabins/Cottages to Lodge
- 10 meals including 4 breakfasts, 3 lunches and 3 dinners
- bicycle rental – 24 speed Giant Trail Bikes – equipped with rear rack and panniers – our bikes are chosen specifically for travel on the KVR and are superb for the terrain
- route notes and maps plus tips on cycling the trail
- Emergency support – note: this tour is self-guided and you should be confident in changing a flat tire and with basic maintenance. We can provide you with instruction should you need. Call outs to the trail may incur an additional charge.
- 3 cycle bag transfers (note: we include pannier shuttle on the first three days, then you carry what you need in panniers – supplied – on Days 4 & 5)
- shuttle to or from the trail to your start/finish point (usually Penticton to Midway) via a certified passenger transport operator
Covid-19 Update at May 2020: due to the uncertainty of the pandemic, we are no longer taking any new bookings for 2020. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to be placed on our 2021 advance bookings list. 2021 will be our 10th year offering self-guided tours on the KVR and we hope you will choose to come and celebrate a new decade of adventure with us.
Classic Ride Dates for 2020 – please contact us for custom dates should these not fit with your plans.
Note: All our tours are “self-guided” – you may or may not be starting out with other cyclists – (please let us know if you have a preference when booking).
- CR20-1 May 31 – June 4 – Cancelled
- CR20-2 June 14 – June 18 Sorry this date is sold out!
- CR20-3 June 22- June 26 Sorry this date is sold out!
- CR20-4 June 27 – July 1 – No further bookings for 2020
- CR20-5 July 12 – July 16 Sorry this date is sold out!
- CR20-6 July 26 – July 30 – No further bookings for 2020
- CR20-7 August 3 – August 7 – No further bookings for 2020
- CR20-8 August 24 – August 28 Sorry this date is sold out!
- You can now book directly online or contact us with any questions for these tours. Custom dates may still be available – please inquire or check our other tour offerings. Book now or send through any inquiries to email@example.com
- We hope to see you in summer 2021 on the KVR!