Updates for 2023:
We launched this fun way to travel – camping plus cabins! in 2018. We are hoping to offer it again in 2023, however restrictions on advance bookings for BC Rec Sites campgrounds continue to prove limiting. Please check back soon as we are looking at all possibilities!
This tour is now available for 2023 with limited spaces for June departures:
June 19-23 or June 25-29 – Sorry these are now both sold out! Please see our Classic Ride and Valley & Vines tours for availability still for 2023.
KVR Camping/Combo Classic Ride Self-guided/Supported Tour 2023 – 2 nights camping + 1 night Cabin stay + 1 night “Glamping Tent”
This tour has been specially designed to help those of you who really want to “go it alone”, take some camping gear (but not lug it on your bike) and treat yourself to an “in” night or even two (think showers, fluffy pillows…!) to celebrate the journey.
The KVR Classic ride travels from Midway or Rock Creek to Penticton following the Kettle & West Kettle Rivers then via Beaverdell, through Myra Canyon to Chute Lake and finally descending back down to the sandy beaches of Penticton.
All of our camping/combo tours include camping plus accommodation at some of the most iconic places along the KVR and priced to be affordable, especially for families and groups. Cycle touring has never been easier to organize!
There are some great riding days through an incredibly diverse area starting from the Kettle River Valley up through the forest and wilderness areas to alpine lakes, the spectacular tunnels and trestle bridges of Myra Canyon and then descending into the Okanagan valley through vineyards and orchards.
We include maps and route directions plus a safety briefing for you and can help you with tips on cycling the trail. (Note: This package does not include bike rentals, but they can be added in for a discounted package price of $140/person/4 day tour (for details please see inclusions and optional extras below). Our Giant Sedona Trail bikes are chosen specifically for cycling the KVR and come complete with mini tool kit, helmet, panniers and rear bags.
Please note this tour is a “package price with minimum of 2 people, maximum of 6”.
1-2 people is $1875, 3-4 $2165. 5-6 $2455 plus 5% gst.
|DEPARTURE/RETURN LOCATION||Midway or Rock Creek/Penticton|
|DEPARTURE TIME||1:30 PM Shuttle from Penticton|
Day 1: Shuttle Penticton to Midway or Rock Creek
- Optional cycle 18-24 kms Midway to Rock Creek or arrive Rock Creek (no cycling)
- We will meet you to run through trail tips, times and final details plus offer any advice and updates on current trail conditions etc.
- Camping Rock Creek Hot showers available.
- All meals on own.
- All gear transported to campground. (Note: any extra gear not required on the tour can also be stored with us and delivered back to your finish point in Penticton.)
Day 2: Cycle 40-46 km (1.0-1.5% uphill grade)
- cycle Rock Creek to Beaverdell
- cabin stay
- all gear transported to your accommodation
- a longer ride – great to have your gear transferred again today!
- rustic campsite at McCulloch/Hydraulic Lake
- all gear transported to the campground
Day 4: Cycle 52 km (flat to slight downhill grade)
- panniers/packs provided to transport what you need today (rest of gear picked up at campground)
- stay at iconic/restored Lodge – glamping tent
- all meals on own today
Day 5: Cycle 38 km (1.5-2.0% downhill grade)
- gear transported and stored at Penticton drop off/tour completion
- shuttle to your vehicle or local accommodation
- meals on own today
The Camping/Combo Tour can include as much or little as you like and prices are all dependent on what you choose and how many are in your group.
The KVR Classic Ride (Midway or Rock Creek to Penticton) generally takes about 4-5 days.
5 Day/4 Night KVR Classic Camp/Combo includes:
- 2 nights camping
- 1 night cabin stay with full kitchens and bathrooms
- 1 night Lodge stay with Glamping Tent accommodation
- shuttle with bikes & gear from Penticton to Midway or Rock Creek
- luggage/gear/supplies transfers.
- use of panniers/day bags where required
- bike rentals if required including helmet, rear rack, trunk bag for day items, fold up tool and spare tubes, cable lock (additional cost – $140/person for 4 days)
- Detailed route directions/maps (our set of 4 custom full colour KVR maps are yours to keep)
- Emergency support – emergency call outs will incur a basic mileage charge. We will notify you of any trail issues and help arrange support should you need in case of emergency. (note: this is a self-guided tour and you should be well equipped with a tool kit, food, water and first aid. You should be able to change a flat tire and perform basic repairs on the trail and have your bikes checked/maintained prior to the ride.
- Tips for cycling the trail
- Lots of fun cycling and experiencing the KVR!
- set of our KVR custom designed maps to help you find your way – they are also a great souvenir (frameable 11 x 17 colour poster maps) plus route directions
Camping/Combo Trip Planner
- June 19-23
- June 25-29
- There is already a wait list for these departures. We will fill these first, but may have additional spaces so please send through any inquiries directly to our email address at firstname.lastname@example.org