7 Days/6 Nights – our most popular tour!
- $1795/person based on double occupancy.
- Discounts available for Groups of 4+ $1,695 pp, group of 8+ $1,650 per person based on double occupancy.
- Single Supplement fee: $445 (guaranteed own room for single occupancy)
Overview: This Journey trip encompasses the very best of the KVR from wilderness to vineyards – heritage cottages to exclusive lodges
PLUS a layover day at beautiful Idabel Lake – the summit of the KVR and midway through the tour
PLUS a stay at the spectacular Myra Canyon Ranch B&B
ADD ON! an extra night in Naramata Village – one of our favourite places to stay! and enjoy all that this incredible region has to offer – a walking wine tour route, beaches – it’s a wonderful way to celebrate the ride – just $170/person includes accommodation, breakfast, wine tour route/support (bike or hike).
Trip Rating Moderate: The KVR Trail is mostly a wilderness trail and offers up variable conditions – this tour includes a layover day at the “summit” of the trail in a relaxing alpine lakeside location!
KVR Wilderness Journey Cancellation Policy:
Once your tour is confirmed, an invoice of 25% of the total tour cost will be issued along with other important information, details and tips for your tour.
Your deposit is refundable (less a $170/person administration charge) within 30 days of your tour departure.
The balance is due 30 days prior to your tour departure. After this time your tour is non-refundable. We always recommend you ensure you have trip/trip cancellation insurance either through your credit card provider or regular insurance provider.
|DEPARTURE/RETURN LOCATION||Start at Rock Creek, End point: Penticton B.C. Canada|
|DEPARTURE TIME||8AM you will get dropped off at the starting point|
Day 1: Departure - Rock Creek
Shuttle from Penticton to Rock Creek included today. Cycling distance: 24 km (flat to slight uphill grade) Meals included: Dinner Accommodation: log house B&B by the river Options! Your Day 1 can also be substituted with accommodation only in Penticton and a shuttle on Day 2: then cycle Rock Creek to Beaverdell for your first day cycling (distance 48 km)
Day 2: Taurus Canyon
Cycling Distance: 24 km (slight to steady uphill grade – 1-1.5%) Meals included: Breakfast, packed lunch, dinner hamper Accommodation: Cottage/Heritage Cabin Options! Combine cycling days 1 & 2 for a longer ride today of 48 km
Day 3: Forest & Alpine Lakes
Cycling distance: 56 km (1.5-1.9% steady uphill grade) Meals included: Breakfast, packed lunch, dinner hamper Accommodation: Lakeside Resort
Day 4: Layover day! hiking, canoeing, relaxing!
No cycling today – hiking/canoeing Meals included: Breakfast, lunch and dinner hampers Accommodation: Lakeside Resort
Day 5: Trestles of Myra Canyon
Cycling distance: 39 km (initial short climb, then flat/downhill) Meals included: Breakfast, packed lunch, dinner hamper Accommodation: B&B
Day 6: Chute Lake, Rock Ovens, Naramata vineyards & village
Cycling distance: 68 km (downhill .5 – 2.2% trail grade) Meals included: Breakfast, packed lunch (dinner on own with options in Naramata) Accommodation: Heritage Inn or Beach Resort
Day 7: Penticton - Orchards & beaches
Cycling distance: 16-21 km (uphill 5 km optional challenge, or downhill 2% grade) Meals included: Breakfast Options! Add a layover day in Naramata gives you opportunities to enjoy the wineries of the famous “Naramata Bench”. A morning shuttle takes you back up to the Bench to visit the wineries before wandering back down – or pedal out along Naramata Bench Road and visit a winery for lunch, then head to the beach – you may want to try stand up paddleboards with or without lessons, kayak rentals or just relax in the sun. This is a fabulous way to celebrate your ride and relax. Well done! You have cycled your way, traveled under your own pedal power over 230 kilometres along river valleys, past alpine lakes, beneath towering forests and finally into orchards and vineyards. The KVR Wilderness Journey complete.
- 6 days cycling along the KVR from Rock Creek to Penticton plus
- 1 layover day to explore Idabel Lake – by canoe, rowboat or hiking trails
- 6 nights accommodation ranging from comfortable cabins to B&B’s, heritage Inns and lodges
- 16 meals including 6 breakfasts, 5 lunches and 5 dinners
- bicycle rental – 21 speed Giant Trail Bikes – equipped with rear rack and panniers – our bikes are chosen specifically for travel on the KVR and are superb for the terrain
- route notes and maps plus tips on cycling the trail
- Emergency support – we are never far away should you need assistance however please note! this tour is self-guided and you should be confident in changing a flat tire. We can provide you with instruction should you need.
- 3 daily cycle bag transfers (note: we include pannier shuttle on the uphill days and can usually provide full transfers on request)
- shuttle to or from the trail to your start/finish point
- shuttle from Myra Canyon Ranch and Naramata back to the trail (both are situated 4-5 km off the main trail)
Dates available for 2019:
WJ19-1 • May 24 – May 30
WJ19-2 • Jun 7 – Jun 13
WJ19-3 • Jun 15 – Jun 21 – Sorry this tour is now sold out!
WJ19-4 • Jun 17 – Jun 22
WJ19-5 • Jul 5 – Jul 11
WJ19-6 • Jul 15 – Jul 21
WJ19-7 • Jul 19 – Jul 25
WJ19-8 • Aug 25 – Aug 31
WJ19-9 • Sep 6 – Sep 12
WJ19-10 • TBC
You can now book directly online or just contact us with any questions for these tours. Custom dates may still be available – please inquire or check our other tour offerings. Please send through any inquiries for 2019 directly to our email address at firstname.lastname@example.org We hope to see you this summer on the KVR!