Spring 2023 update:
Yes we have availability for the following dates for 2023!
Sept 18 – 22
firstname.lastname@example.org with Waitlist Valley & Vines 2023 in the subject line.
Valley & Vines Experience – 5 Days/4 Nights – Celebrate the Okanagan region with great cycling, local food and fabulous wines!*
- $1895/person based on double occupancy.
- Single Supplement fee: $645 (guaranteed own room for single occupancy)
Overview: Valley & Vines Experience offers a more relaxed experience on the KVR including a venture along the Southern Spur route and Skaha Lake to a superb winery lunch, cycling through the famous Myra Canyon tunnels & trestle bridges and a downhill ride to Chute Lake Lodge, plus the boutique wineries and excellent accommodation of the Naramata Bench. The pace is more relaxed with shorter days and 2 layover days.
Trip Rating Easy to Moderate: Although the KVR Trail is mostly a wilderness trail and can offer up variable conditions – this tour includes a few extra shuttles to give you shorter and easier riding days. Please contact us anytime for more information to be sure this tour is right for you!
KVR Cycle Tour Payment & Cancellation Policy:
Once all your accommodation has been secured and your tour confirmed, an invoice of 25% of the total tour cost will be issued online (via Paypal).
We will also send you a direct link to this invoice in a confirmation document along with other important information, details and tips for your tour.
Please note: any requested changes to your itinerary after this stage may incur additional fees. Please be sure your dates are correct and all details in your itinerary have been reviewed carefully and understood by all members of your group.
Your final payment is due 28 days prior to your departure. Once received, you will be sent details for each day of your tour. Online route notes and safety instructions will be sent within 10 days of your departure.
Your deposit is refundable (less a $190/person administration charge) within 28 days of your tour departure.
KVR Cycle Tours may cancel or re-route tours in extreme weather conditions. Please be aware, the KVR is a relatively unmaintained cycle trail. Tours are only ever cancelled if the Ministry closes the trail due to safety reasons or extreme events. Cyclists should always arrive fit, healthy and well prepared. We will give you all the resources you need to navigate the trail, but you must also be ready to ride!
Final payment is non-refundable so we always recommend you ensure you have trip/trip cancellation insurance either through your credit card provider or regular insurance provider. Please be sure to check with your insurance provider regarding covid, weather events etc. We recommend you have trip interruption insurance.
|DEPARTURE/RETURN LOCATION||Penticton, BC|
|DEPARTURE TIME||Arrive at your leisure|
Day 1. Penticton: The lakeshore and beach boulevard
Sandy beaches and sparkling lakes await you on your arrival into the bustling tourist town of Penticton. Here we will meet you to give you all the tips you need for your ride tomorrow. After your tour intro and bike fitting you may want to walk along the lakeshore, go for a swim or head to one of the nearby restaurants for dinner.
- Meals Included: on own today
- Accommodation: Penticton Motel/Inn
Day 2. KVR Southern Spur Route & Liquidity Winery
Time to head south and start off with a scenic valley ride – once along the shores of Skaha Lake, enjoy the spectacular scenery of sage covered hillsides, beaches and ponderosa pines.
At Okanagan Falls, a short ride along a rolling back country road takes you to a simply stunning winery for lunch – Sit back on the deck and savour the amazing views and delectable local food!
Then it is an easy ride retracing your steps back to Penticton.
- Cycling Distance: 40 km (flat – 6 km rolling country road)
- Meals Included: Breakfast, winery tasting & charcuterie platter
Accomodation: Penticton Motel/Inn
Day 3. Myra Canyon Trestles and historic Chute Lake
After a relaxing morning its up, up and away! from the shores of Okanagan Lake your shuttle takes you high above the valley to the summit of the trail and the start of your spectacular ride today through Myra Canyon. With its incredible history and trestles and tunnels – you’ll have time to stop for the views, photos and read up on this part of the KVR’s history with the many information panels along the way to the historic Chute Lake Lodge. Here you can finish your day of cycling after lunch with a shuttle to the quaint village of Naramata, where your comfortable room at a Heritage Inn or Lakeside Resort welcomes you.
- Cycling Distance: 38-58 km (flat and downhill grade – optional shorter ride today)
- Meals Included: Breakfast
- Accomodation: Heritage Inn or Lakeside Resort
Day 4. Wineries, orchards & Naramata
Enjoy a relaxing morning today! then set off whenever you are ready on our self-guided winery walking tour of some of Naramata’s most popular wineries. A loop walk takes you via 4-5 wineries plus Legends Distillery (all on country roads) then return to the beach, parks and quaint shops of Naramata village. (option to upgrade to a private driver if you prefer not to walk or to venture further afield – note: some steep uphill grades to begin). Then head to the local parks or beaches, try stand up paddle boarding, explore the quaint town of Naramata or head back to your Lodge with some local wine and cheese!
- Meals Included: Breakfast, dinner
- Accommodation: Heritage Inn or Beach Resort
Day 5. Glenfir Station & the Little Tunnel to Penticton
Your morning shuttle whisks you back up to the trail to “Glenfir Station” then its a wonderful easy ride with some of the most spectacular views the trail has to offer from the Little Tunnel overlooking the Okanagan Lake all the way to Skaha Lake in the distance. Then continue to coast downhill to Penticton through orchards and vineyards back down to the shores of the Okanagan Lake and the conclusion of your Origins: Valley & Vines Experience.
- Cycling Distance: 36 km (downhill grade)
- Meals Included: Breakfast
- Extra Inclusions: Shuttle to Glenfir Station for downhill ride
The Origins: Valley & Vines Experience tour offers up a great mix of the best of the Okanagan Valley – cycle in comfort with this self-guided supported tour – your luggage transported daily, a superb winery lunch plus winery tour and with a few extra shuttles included – this tour is yours to cycle, to relax, to unwind, to indulge.
Included in your Origins: Valley & Vines Experience
- 3 days cycling along the KVR, KVR Southern Spur Route, Myra Canyon and Naramata Bench wineries
- 1 day optional cycling or winery/walking tour
- 4 tour nights accommodation including an arrival night’s accommodation in Penticton to arrive, relax and prepare for your ride
- some meals including 4 breakfasts, 2 lunches including 1 light winery lunch & tasting and 1 dinner (where not included, restaurants are readily available and we can give recommendations
- bicycle rental – 21 speed Giant Trail Bikes – equipped with rear rack and panniers – our bikes are chosen specifically for travel on the KVR and are superb for the terrain
- route notes and maps plus tips on cycling the trail – our custom KVR set of full colour maps is yours to take home.
- Emergency support – although this tour is self-guided, we are never far away should you need anything! We do recommend for some of the trail sections where road access is limited that someone in your group is acquainted with changing a flat tire – we can provide instruction should you need.
- daily luggage transfers
- shuttle Penticton to Myra Canyon
- shuttle Chute Lake to Naramata
- shuttle from Naramata to Glenfir Station